It is always advised to know about the company details and the benefits it offers to the employees before you start working with that company. With this article you will get all the details about ADP and the associated benefits you can avail as an employee through the ADP portal.
Automatic Data Processing often known as ADP is an American based human resource management and software company. According to the report on 2010, ADP is considered as one of the four American compnies to have an AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor’s (S&P) and Moody’s. The rating has been downgraded to AA as a result of dealer services unit spun off. This company was founded in the year 1949 at Paterson, New Jersey. The head quarters is at Roseland, New Jersey, United states of America. ADP offers services such as Human resource, payroll, tax, benefits, administration solutions from a single source. It has employees around 53,000.
What is ADP portal:
ADP portal is a portal used by the employees of ADP. To manage huge number of employees, ADP developed this portal. This portal is used for the following reasons.
- Enroll and change benefits information Make changes related to life events such as marriage, moving, and birth of a child View pay statements and W-2 information
- Change W-4 tax information
- Setting up direct deposit
- Manage your 401(K) plan
- To manage Retirement accounts
- Update your contact information and
- To use online tools such as retirement planners or payroll calculators.
Pre-requisites for ADP Employees Login Portal:
To start with ADP portal, make sure you are ready with the below items.
Before logging into the portal, you need to register in ADP department. They will give you the registration code. Select Register Now option available in the website. Enter your registration code. Verify your identity, get your User ID and password, select your security questions, enter your contact information and enter your activation code. Review the information and complete the registration process.
ADP Login Credentials:
First go to ADP HR department or administration department. Get ADP User ID as well as ADP Password. Make sure you remember correct user ID and password. If you have not received the registration code, contact ADP administration department.
Strong Internet Access:
This portal is an online portal. Make sure that your laptop, PC or mobile has strong, stable and fast internet connectivity.
An electronic device such as laptop, PC, mobile or tablet is required to access the website. Browsers such as Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox needs to be there on the system.
Steps to login into the ADP portal:
1. Enter the URL https://runess.adp.com in your browser.
2. Give the User ID in the User ID text box.
3. Enter the registration code in the Account activation page.
4. A form for personal details will open on the screen. Enter your personal details.
5. You will receive the User ID and password at the end of this section.
6. After getting the User ID and password, enter into the login page.
7. Give the User ID and password.
8. Home page of ADP will appear on the screen.
Troubleshooting while logging in ADP portal:
At times, you may face difficulties while logging into the ADP portal. In such cases, follow the below steps for troubleshooting the issue.
- Make sure that the logged in URL is correct.
- Clear your history and cookies under security tab of your browser.
- Try to switch the browser and try to login into the URL.
- Try to login using other device such as mobile, laptop or tablet.
- Check whether the User id and password are correct.
- If you face issues while entering your correct user ID and password which you have received from the Admin department, then try to reset your password from the ADP login page. Be aware about phishing.
- During every next log on attempt, you need to identify yourself. You will be required to receive an activation code. Enter the activation code and answer your security questions.
- You need to very careful while logging into the portal. The account will get locked on third unsuccessful attempt. You need to contact Administration department in case of account lock out issue.
ADP Employee 401(K) Plan :
Any one who is working on any company will be worrying about how the future would be. ADP gives benefit to their employees to avoid such worries about future with the help of ADP Employee 401(K) plan. This is one of the plans ADP offers to its employees. This plan is a retirement plan. It helps employees of ADP to save their money for the future. 401(K) plan is an assured plan for the ADP employees.
If you are a new joinee, you will not be able to utilise the plan instantly. You have to complete six months to become eligible for this plan. There are two options available under this plan. Deduction of around $18,000 in a year or 1% to 50% of your entitled benefits can be done as per your convenience. It is your choice to choose the option you like. There are three types of investments one can do under this plan. Those investments are follows.
the stock fund,
the professionally managed fund, and
the target date fund
Stock fund allows one to own a portion of ADP company. You need to decide the investment type according to your convenience. Also you need to select the amount you want to contribute under the investment plan. There will not be any federal taxes for your amount. You need to pay tax only during the withdrawal. This plan is safe and you can save for your future.
How to Contact ASP Administration department:
ADP offers customer service through their Customer Service Center. You can connect them by calling the Customer Care Line number 800-929-2170. Customer care professionals will help you with the answers for all the queries. You can get answers for the Administrator related queries using the customer care number.
You can connect with ADP using online platforms such as Google plus, LinkedIn and twitter. To know more about the company visit the official site https://www.adp.com/.